C.A.T.S. Betting: Tips and Guides To Choose The Winners
In CATS Betting, There are two types of bets: Basic Bets and Advanced Bets, and for beginners you can only join in the Basic Bets which consist two types, the short bet and long bet. For the Advanced Bets you can unlock them by gaining more skills after in the game for a while (prestige mode). This article only about the Basic Bets the Wooden Parts battles (short bet) and Metal Parts battles (long bet).
First of all. Be cautious, don’t bet your main parts, if you only have less than 10 gems.
If you are new to this game, you can also read CATS Guides and Walkthrough for Beginners.
Why do I have to bet?
To get better Attack and Hit Point stats, if you win. otherwise you could lose the parts or gems.
CATS Betting: Tricky Battles
It would be not possible to win in every bet in C.A.T.S. (or in real life). So, here I just want to share several key factors that could make the difference in the battles, along with the battles video that you could watch and analyze.
As you might know, the wooden parts battles are the most tricky battles because most of the cars are designed by newcomers so the cars could flip over or fall over not even one second after the start and we had to choose them because in the tale of the tapes their Weapons and HP stats were more higher than the opponents and you lost your precious gems because of these funny things. Please note that this CATS Betting article will refer to Wooden Parts battles most of the time.
How Do Cars Win?
There are two ways. First the time is up and the opponent is destroyed by the yellow destroyer, and second the opponent destroyed by weapons.
CATS Betting: Time Is Up!
As you may know, when the battle time is up two yellow destroyers will come out from each side of the screen and drive slowly to the middle. The car that touches it first will be destroyed.
Why The Time Is Up?
Two cars still standing at a specific time or in a deadlock position where no one could hit each other. So the winner must be decided by the yellow destroyer. To make it easier I will call this part of the game “Time’s up zone” for the rest of this article.
How To Know Which Battle Will Be Going To The Time’s Up Zones?
To know which battle will be going to the time’s up zones is by looking at the cars stats, if two cars in the battle have Hit Points more than 11 times of both weapons’ stats, it means the game will be going to the time’s up zone and the winner will be decided by the destroyer.
This battle will be going to the time’s up zone.
Take a look at their stats, the HP is 125 and the opponents has 10 attack points, it means it has to hit more than 11 times to destroy the opponent, it won’t be happening because the yellow destroyer will come out and destroy one of the cars.
(8 rocket shots the time is up, 10-11 rocket shots one of the car would be destroyed, if the car’s body was pushed and stuck to the back wall)
This theory is not valid if both of them fall over in the middle and have blades or anything else as weapons that could hit each other, which in this case as you can see in the image above is highly unlikely.
The result of the following battle will be decided by these cars weapons, unless they both fall over and their weapons cannot hit each other.
We will discuss this case in part 2 of this CATS betting article.
How To Know Which Car Will Win In The Time’s Up Zones?
The car that could push the opponent to the destroyer. And the key factors or tricky ways to push harder are:
- Does one of the cars has a Forklift or Lifter? Most of the time, cars that have one of these gadgets would have a higher probability to win. More importantly forklifts, because lifters can be destroyed if hit by weapons or even by forklifts.
- In Wooden Parts bet, to push an opponent, Boosters don’t help much if the car doesn’t have good wheels (we will discuss about good wheels below). But if a car used a Backpedal in the front area of the car, it could negatively affect the car, backpedals could fall the car over or lift the front side of the car and the opponent could take the advantage by moving under the car and it costs the battle.
- Body of the cars, in this wooden parts bet section where almost no one’s flipping around with Boulder or Sneaky bodies, Classic bodies are the king to push other type back, unfortunately Classics can only one weapon and one gadget slot. However, if you see a Classic body with high rear wheel and low front wheel, you should choose the classic car. With their nose design and even without booster or sticky wheels, they can lift other cars and push them back.
Here’s a video from my YouTube channel between a Classic car against a Surfer car.
- The most crucial key factor is the Wheel! This is the most fun thing to analyze in CATS Battle, most of the time I can tell the winner just by looking at their wheels, if both cars almost have the same parts and stats.
Let’s have a look at the wheel types, currently there are 5 types of wheels for wooden parts bet without the sticky wheels because most of the wooden parts bet battle are between new users’ car, yes I’ve seen the game included a prestige user’s car once in the wooden parts bet (maybe it was the game bug) and his/her car was using sticky wheels, but mostly new users, so for wooden parts bet there are 5 types and metal parts bet 7 types of wheels. Bigfoot, Tire, Scooter, Roller, and Knob (and additional wheels for Metal Parts bets are Sticky Roller and sticky Tire).
Bigfoot Tire Scooter Roller Knob Sticky
And to see who would win the pushing battles are:
- Cars with the smallest front wheel.
- Cars with the biggest rear wheel, in a battle if the car on the left has a better front wheel and the car on the right side has a better rear wheel, the winner will be the car on the left. Front wheel has the higher priority.
- A Classic car type that has a small front wheel (a Knob or at least a Roller).
- The gap between wheels is not too narrow on wide cars (Surfers and Classics).
- Other useful gadgets, such as Boosters, Lifters, Forklifts, and Repulses.
This theory works well for me. You can watch this CATS Betting: battles video to analyze some battles, taken from my YouTube channel.