Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt from my Experience #2
In this post we will explain what we should do in the Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt, if you had not read what we have to do before the contest or you were not having enough points to win the Contest, you should read the preparation tips here (Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt from my Experience #1).
Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt
Your goal is winning Contest of Mayors Seasons, so whatever that doesn’t have anything related to your goal, ignore it. Please Note that this article is based on Megalopolis league, but the implementation is not very different with the other leagues, in fact, they are easier than Megalopolis.
- At least spend 6 hours a day if you are in Megalopolis league. It doesn’t have to 6 hours straight, and enjoy the game.
- Keep in mind, this is not a racing game, this is a ‘time management’ game, a tactical game. So if you see someone on the top with 20,000 points after the first 2 hours, ignore her/him and just focus on your assignments. Better yet don’t look into the Leaderboard page for the first 3 days.
- Choose one of the highest point assignments available, not the easiest one. I’ve tested it, let say your maximum assignment point is 3000. If there are two the 3000 points but you choose one of the 1000 points, next assignment that shows up after that won’t be the 3000 point and after that still won’t be the 3000, and so on. So you have to do the 3000 assignments first no matter how difficult they are. After all difficult is relative if you have a good preparation.
- If you do the highest point assignment, you also do the second highest point assignment and make preparations for the third highest point assignment all at the same time, don’t wait. This is a good strategy if you don’t have much time to play.
- If you produce items, don’t collect them, wait for the assignments. Your goal is winning the Contest of Mayors. But if your current assignment takes a long time, you can sell your products and then make them again.
- Know when to stop your production to make enough time for an assignment. I had never produced anything in factories (raw materials) until I got an assignment to make something in factories. You can buy raw materials from Global Trade HQ.
- After you’ve launched Disaster for an assignment, don’t repair the buildings immediately, wait for the assignment.
- Use SimCash for Airplane Deliveries, Ship deliveries, or other time wasting assignments, manage your time and SimCash carefully if don’t have much.
- Sell your Omega items for Omega assignments, no need to upgrade Omega residential. You might ask: “but, what about NeoSimoleon?” Answer: It’s faster if you sell Omega items, and cheaper too since you don’t have to upgrade anything to expand your NeoBank, storage, residential, drones, etc.
Know your assignments’ highest points
On what assignment?
If the highest point is given on upgrading building assignments: Usually Omega residential, Tokyo Town, Parisian, London Town. Then I destroyed these buildings (and left some of them which hadn’t fully upgraded) and built them again (without upgrading) I did this before Contest of Mayors had started. And, I couldn’t believe this game gave me more upgrading assignments A.K.A more highest point assignments. Be careful! This will make your level rise faster, it might not a good decision at some point*.
If Airplane Delivery: I sold most of the imported items (to build and upgrade town zones).
If Disaster and repair: I collected Dr. Vu’s items and produced Nails and Planks, I usually chose easy Disaster level. The easy level usually needs Nails. Tips: for the last disaster I chose the ones with damaging ability on more than 5 buildings, for repair assignments purpose; Keep Omega Lab running and sell those Omega items to buy Dr. Vu’s items; Build a Maxis Manor if have enough SimCash, so you can buy Dr. Vu’s items daily.
If Produce and Collect OMEGA Material: I produced before the Contest and collected them after there was an assignment for that. Tips: Build more Omega Lab.
Winning Contest of Mayors Seasons: Leagues review
Contest of Mayors Seasons last for 8 weeks (3 times Megalopolis league).
Neighborhood League, Suburban League, Town League are easy to win, no real fights in these leagues so DO NOT use your Golden Tickets no matter what. Ok, unless you wouldn’t get promoted if you didn’t use them. But how that even possible since people who didn’t get promoted in these leagues usually didn’t play the game, not because lack of points after finishing all assignments, even with 0 (zero) point you could get promoted to the Suburban league from Neighborhood League.
You need to aim the first position in City League, but it’s alright if you can’t, just aim for a higher prize or a promotional position at least, Do not use Golden Tickets if it doesn’t change the prize you’ll get. Remember prizes in Megalopolis League are much bigger compared to prizes in City League.
Winning Contest in Metropolis League is one the most important factors if you want to win the first week of Megalopolis league, you need more SimCash, Cheetah tokens, and Simoleon coins. But make sure you fight for your Golden Tickets more, you need at least 11 Golden Tickets(depends on your rank) when entering Megalopolis League to be competitive in all 3 Megalopolis League contests.
Check your Plumbob points, if not wrong it’s around rank 10 you’ll get 2 Golden tickets after every 150,000 Plumbob points and Megalopolis winners usually collecting 105,000 to 125,000 Plumbob points. So make your strategy with your Golden Tickets.
Finishing Moves (You are not in the first place)
Check carefully your position in the Leaderboard after 3 days. Check your opponents point movement and check the pattern. If you are not in the first position and have a big gap between you and the point leader this will be easy to check their point pattern, usually, they stop collecting point around these days. It means they’ve finished all their assignments, and then assume they have 5 more to go (Golden Tickets). Get closer to them (don’t pass them yet) to make them panic and force them to use their Golden Tickets and after this moment you should always check their point movement.
B = 3000 points
(these points are just an example, their points could be anything, you need to focus on the pattern)
I’m sure Golden Ticket users have one of these patterns for their 5 Golden Tickets:
If not one of those, then it means your opponents are still not using their Golden Tickets, So wait for the pattern and count your next point and your probability winning Contest of Mayors.
Tips: Make a screenshot every after points movement helps a lot.
Finishing Moves (You are in the first place)
After 3 or 4 days of contest finish all your assignments but 1 and stop, and make sure the last assignment has been prepared and ready to collect the point. Don’t use your Golden Tickets yet. If no one passes you until day 5 or the timer has 2 or 3 hours left and the second place is only around 2000 point behind you, do other assignments, perhaps you better do it hours before (note: you don’t have to click the assignment to do the assignment, just do the assignment you have chosen). So it means you have 2 assignments you’ve already finished but don’t collect those assignments points yet, wait until the last 10 or 5 minutes. Sometimes your opponents are also waiting for this moment, this is useful to save your Golden Tickets or you feel they have better chances to win the game if you and your opponents are all out (see points pattern above). Don’t do all out if you are in the first place, people will be easy to read your point.
I did this most of the time, it’s not so hard winning Contest of Mayors with tiny margin if can read their movement patterns. see my winning points when I won Megalopolis Leagues in The Preparation post.