Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt from my Experience #1
Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt to get more SimCash and Platinum Keys, two things that make your city a little bit different, unique and fancier. Because there are some buildings, landmarks, parks, or statues that you can only buy with Platinum keys and SimCash.
Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt
Most people think winning Contest of Mayors is all about luck. You’d know it’s not (entirely) about luck if you won 9 of 10 Megalopolis League you were in with 2 different accounts in different time. My first account won 6 Megalopolis league, then lost it. A few months later my new account won 3. So I’m sure it’s not all about luck.
Contest of Mayors by Electronic Art start from Neighborhood League to Megalopolis League, each league lasts for a week (including interval). There is 2 type of contests, a regular/weekly Contest of Mayors with regular prizes and Contest of Mayors Season with double prizes plus awesome things. Because it takes a lot of effort and time so it’s clear you need to focus on and winning Contest of Mayors Season.
Tips, Hints, Tricks on Winning Contest of Mayors Seasons SimCity BuildIt
I know what I’m talking about
I was in Megalopolis league 4 times, won 3, lost 1. Later I’ll explain why losing is necessary for Contest of Mayors Seasons.
Preparation before Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt
Please Note that this article is based on Megalopolis league, but the implementation is not very different with the other leagues, in fact, they are easier than Megalopolis.
- Save your Simoleon coins, if you don’t have much time to produce time-consuming commercial products and Contests of Mayors have time limitation, you must have a good time management and lots of Simoleon coin. How to collect more Simoleon coins in SimCity BuildIt
- Prepare time-consuming products and rare in the Global Trade HQ, (yes I feel you, sometimes they’re not rare but when needed no one sells them), be sure you make those products and collect them (rare products*) or don’t collect them (time-consuming assignment products*). Here are the products:
*rare products = usually happens when you are at least 3 levels above products’ available level. Thus new products will fill up your Global Trade HQ and old products will be shown rarely.
*Time-consuming Assignment products = usually some assignments need these products to be made then collected. So don’t collect them after they have been produced before the season started. This is necessary to complete your assignments faster. You can also use Cheetah tokens but use them wisely.
Rare Products Available at Level Production Time (minutes) Max Price Bread Roll 24 60 1,840 Paint 16 60 320 Cement 14 50 440 Cheese 26 105 660 Cooking Utensils 17 45 250 Cream 23 75 440 Coffee 33 60 750 Corn 24 60 280 Backpack 34 150 430 Flour Bag 17 30 570 Fruit and Berries 18 90 730 Cupboard 26 45 900 Garden Furniture 21 135 820 Ladder 20 60 420 Tree Saplings 16 90 420 Assigment Products Available at Level Production Time (minutes) Max Price Business Suits 32 210 1,170 Fire Pit 28 240 1,740 Refrigerator 35 210 1,060 BBQ Grill 29 165 530
- Give your Sims 100% happiness most of the time, even I’m not quite sure if it has any connection with the game’s algorithm, but I tested this with another account of mine that has below 60% happiness and in the Contest I was not getting much assignment above 2000 point.
- Don’t forget to place parks near your residential buildings and town zones.
- Login every day; do other mayors request; upgrade buildings; do epic projects; Keep your production running; see video ads; visit Daniel’s City; sell and buy things in the Global Trade HQ; just be an active player even you only have a little time to play.
- Buy more than 1 specialization building for each specialization, eg: for Landmark specialization, buy Sydney Opera House, Buy the Statue of Liberty, etc, and do the same for Education, Gambling, etc. But you should do this far before, so you can have much Simoleon coin before Contest of Mayors.
- Complete most task bubble above buildings
- Join Mayor’s club, try chatting on your usual playing time, ask something easy, if after few minutes no one answers, don’t waste your time, search other club. Make sure the club is reliable and trusted, or better yet make your own club with your friends or family members. This is important so you don’t have to waste much time completing an assignment.
- Don’t bother to buy expansion items (Beach, land, mountain, city storage), focus on collecting coin and you should buy Vu’s items instead if you built Vu’s Tower. Assignments related to Dr. Vu were always giving me more than 2000 points reward.
- Make sure all planes (Paris, London, Tokyo, if you had these) are waiting to departure when Contest of Mayors is started and you already had products which needed to departure.
- Do NOT do Epic Project within 24 hours prior to the Contest, especially if you already have OMEGA residential buildings. I got a lot of assignment related to Omega buildings and most of them offer 3000 points, and you’ll need to sell Neo items to complete Neo/Omega related assignments, and Epic Project prevents Neo/Omega buyer’s bubble to pop up (without this, you’ll spend so much time on Neo/Omega related assignments). This bubble only shows up when you are not doing Epic Project. If you don’t have Omega buildings/Neo Mall(below level 30), then you do Epic Project only if there’s an assignment in the Contest for that, no need to do Epic Project within 24 hours before the Contest.
Continue to Winning Contest of Mayors SimCity BuildIt from my Experience #2